If this is an emergency, please click here .
Thank you for giving Sage the opportunity to care for your pet. Obtaining an appointment is easy. Consult with your family veterinarian to request a referral. After your veterinarian has forwarded the necessary information to Sage, simply call to schedule an appointment. Please visit our individual facilities’ pages to see the hours of availability of our specialists. We conveniently offer Saturday appointments in some of our facilities.
1. Obtain a Referral
- A written referral from your veterinarian is recommended prior to your appointment so that the continuity of care can be established.
- Your veterinarian can send the referral to us via fax
2. Items to Bring
- Your pet’s records – or these may be faxed ahead by your family veterinarian’s office
- Any X-rays taken by your family veterinarian
- Medication that your pet is–or was–taking and your pharmacy’s name and phone number
- Please check here to see which forms may need to be completed prior to your arrival
- In general, we recommend that you do not feed your pet the night before the appointment. Some patients require different feeding and medication requirements, so please check with your family veterinarian prior to your visit.
- If the appointment is for an endoscopy or for surgery, your pet will need to have fasted for at least 12 hours before the appointment
- Water and medications may be continued
- If your pet is a diabetic, please contact our office prior to fasting your pet or administering insulin
4. Leaving Your Pet
- After you meet with a Sage specialist, you may be asked to leave your pet for the day. This may be for further diagnostics or for an anesthestic procedure. At the time, a contact number will be obtained and you will be communicated with regarding what time to return that day or if an overnight stay is anticipated.
- A deposit is required at the time of patient admission, and payment in full is required when your pet is released.
- We accept all major credit cards (except American Express), as well as cash or check. (Please bring your driver’s license if you plan to pay by check.)
- We also accept 3rd party payment through Care Credit. For more information, you can visit their website at www.carecredit.com.
6. Cancellation Notice
- Please provide at least 24-hours notice if you are unable to make your appointment
For easy reference, here are links to contact information for each of our four centers: